Item Review websites abound on the internet, but they’re far from all being equal in regard to honesty and integrity. A large number of product review sites seem to be to be unbiased at first glance, but further inspection indicates their true intent: to only promote products favorably, so they can earn a living via affiliate marketer links. bestreviewlabs.com
Here are a few ways to examine if a site as well as its owner(s) are only in it for the money, or if they feature genuine truly neutral, consumer-oriented product reviews:
1. Who Operates the Site? A real review site will have an About/Bio/or Info site that details who is the owner of this website (and oftentimes why they started it. ) A lot of sites that assert to be ‘product review’ sites actually are run by affiliates posing as “honest” reviewers, when in truth their sole intent is to only recommend every product they reveal.
2. Do the Reviewers or Site Owners Purchase The Products Themselves? This is a critical factor for review integrity. Just like research, there is a strong proclivity towards beneficial bias of a product if the reviewer would not pay for it himself. The fact that the reviewer pays for the product(s) him or very little is a testimony to their excellent quality about their impartiality and capacity to remain objective during the course of the review.
3. Does the Website Review an Series of Products or Just One? A site that reviews a variety of products is more likely to be neutral and a genuine review site than a site where only a single product is reviewed. Why would someone visit the trouble of building a site for only one product and then give it a negative review? Certainly the review will stay positive (although at times they might add in a negative comment or two to have the appearance of being unbiased. )
Single-product-sites are popular with affiliate marketers because the search engines give strong weight to using keywords in the domain name name (url title. ) So if the merchandise being reviewed is ‘Acme List Building Secrets’, then by using a domain of ‘AcmeListBuildingSecretsReview’ will most likely give that site an increased position in the search engines.
4. The real Reviewers Have Only Confident Things to Say about the items They Review? A truly neutral product review site will have both positive and negative reviews. If all the reviews on a site are glowing, and every product is endorsed, then there is a good guess that the reviewer is providing his own interests rather than those of the consumer.
5. Does the Analysis Headline Make use of the Word ‘Scam’? This is a classic tactic employed by many dishonest reviewers to utilize keywords in the title as well as to give the appearance of shoring up the trust factor. A sample headline might read, “Is Acme Email marketing Secrets a Con? ” – because it utilizes the search phrase in the title, as well as that phrase will mirror what people enter the search box when they may have questions about a product.